Arden’s Declassified Finals Survival Guide

1. Coffee is your friend. Get to know each other, but not too well. Students and coffee often develop a toxic relationship.

Junior Arden Schraff fuels up for the day with coffee.
    Tori Tanigawa
  2. If studying with friends, be productive. Leave your phones and gossip for your nonexistent free time.

Freshman Addy Livingston is distracted by her iPhone.
    Tori Tanigawa
  3. Quizlet is a grade saver. The app is free and perfect for last minute vocab review.

Junior Ally Dowse studies her Quizlet at lunch.
    Tori Tanigawa
  4. See that pile of loose notes in the half-broken binder? Organize it.

A messy AP Environmental Science binder.
    Arden Schraff
  5. Teachers are the Master Shifu (“Kung Fu Panda” master) of finals. They provide all the tools a young grasshopper would need to succeed in their final.

Honors World History teacher, Ms. Nuñez, strikes a kung fu move.
    Tori Tanigawa
  6. Although it is tempting, DO NOT start a new Netflix show on the eve of finals. The fabulous Upper East Siders of “Gossip Girl” can wait.

Senior Breagh Watson watches the beloved "Gossip Girl."
    Tori Tanigawa
    Senior Breagh Watson watches the beloved “Gossip Girl.”
  7. As mogul Tom Haverford elegantly said, “treat yo’ self.” Finals are stressful. Go ahead and take a few breaks to “treat yo’ self” to a peppermint mocha.tumblr_nkzf6eNu6A1r3idrto1_500courtesy of tumblr
  8. Although sometimes painful, exercise can be refreshing and a good way to release your stress.

Juniors Gracie Dowd and Paige Price show off their athleticism while performing tricks in dance class.
    Tori Tanigawa
  9. It is tempting to stay up late studying, but the best way to absorb the information you reviewed is to go to bed early. Get as much beauty sleep as possible.

Freshman Sarah Alpert falls asleep in History class after a long night of studying.
    Tori Tanigawa
  10. Don’t over-stress about your finals. You have learned all of this information before. You will survive.

Your teachers believe in you.