Clarke sisters take state, year after year

Sisters Tatum and Madison Clarke are stellar athletes, winning state every year during their time at Xavier.

AIA State Championships are the climax of Xavier athlete’s sports season. Athletes work hard during their season in order to walk away from the state championships fully decorated. At Xavier, it is not rare to hear sports teams or Sister Lynn on the morning announcements recognizing the success of our different sports teams.

Current senior Tatum Clarke and alumna sister Madison Clarke are the siblings with the most state championship titles at Xavier. Together they have gathered a total of 10 state titles during their Xavier careers. Tatum is a Varsity Badminton player and Madison played Varsity Tennis during her time at Xavier. Both sisters enjoyed their time with their respective teams. Tatum plans to play on a club Badminton team in college while her sister currently plays Tennis at Santa Clara as a junior; she is number two on the team.

Tatum Clarke states that her time as a student-athlete has impacted her life greatly and has taught her many lifelong lessons. “It has taught me how to work as a team and be a leader for a team because during my senior season it was very important to get the team to work together in order to win another championship,” Clarke states.

The rush of winning a state championship is obviously not foreign to the Clarke Sisters. Xavier athletics has given them valuable lessons through their sports and in return they have given Xavier athletics 10 state titles.

Xavier is proud of you.