Xavier hosts college fair

Xavier College Prep hosted the annual college fair this November in partnership with Brophy College Prep. The fair provided the opportunity for students and their parents to meet with college representatives from approximately 150 colleges around the nation. Many students attended the event which was held in Founders Hall.

“College fairs are lots of fun and really informational,” junior Andy Muniz said, “I like learning the most I can about a college before choosing to apply there.”

College fairs are held at many different venues around the valley, from high schools to hotels

“My mom and I are going to attend a fair about MIT, as well as other highly-selective schools,” junior Alondra Ramos said, “My favorite though has been the Xavier/Brophy College Fair.”

Though the Xavier/Brophy College Fair has already passed, there are many other colleges fairs being held around the valley.  There is a selective college admissions panel scheduled for Monday, Nov. 14 at Chaparral High School. Representatives from universities like Harvard, Stanford, and Yale will be present to answer questions and give out information.

Director of Guidance Resource here at Xavier, Yonghee Grinstead, frequently sends out emails regarding various college fairs taking place.  Students can speak with her in person at the front desk of the guidance office for more information.