The Little Mermaid

The+poster+for+The+Little+Mermaid.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Little Mermaid

The poster for The Little Mermaid.

The poster for The Little Mermaid.

The poster for The Little Mermaid.

The poster for The Little Mermaid.

Holly Ngo, Class Writer

Xavier has done it again. The second weekend in October, Xavier and Brophy will be presenting another fall musical.

This year, the musical will be “The Little Mermaid,” the story of a rebellious young mermaid named, Ariel, who dreams of having a life on land and finds herself falling in love with the human Prince Eric.

“The Little Mermaid” has been considered since February of 2017 and is finally being put into action this fall. After almost two months of rehearsing and building, the Brophy and Xavier Theatre will finally have its opening night on Oct. 11, 2017 at 7 pm.

Mrs. Robillard, who has produced many Xavier/Brophy musicals and teaches many theatre classes, sat down to discuss the cooperation and teamwork of the big cast and crew. One focus point that Mrs. Robillard hopes to convey is the ability of the actors “to tell a story with truth and integrity to do it well,” while also letting the audience enjoy the show.

After many successful shows like “Once Upon a Time,” “Grease,” “Mary Poppins” and “In the Heights,” Mrs. Robillard has trouble choosing one of her favorites, but talks about how the show she works on at the time is always her favorite.

Cast members and moderators call the musical “magical, fun, amazing and enchanting” and something “the audience will be glad that they came [to].” Students should look out for great music and fun dances.

Make sure to purchase tickets online on the Performing Arts page or call (602) 240-3161 for ticket information.

Performance dates: Oct. 11, 12, and 14

Performance times: 7 pm Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday & 2 pm Saturday

Cost: $10.00

Location: Virginia G. Piper Performing Arts Center, Located on the Xavier College Preparatory campus