X-Breakfast

Holly Ngo, Class Writer

The 10th annual X-Breakfast took place on Sept. 21, 2017 at 7:30 a.m. The X-Breakfast is an event held by the Xavier community in order to raise money for our school. At the breakfast, there were two guest speakers and a special appearance. Staff, students, parents and teachers enjoyed Passport coffee and Wildflower scones.

Holly Ngo ’19
XBreakfast attendees enjoy their breakfast while listening to the guest speaker.

Allison Schmitt, an Olympic swimmer discussed issues on suicide and reminisced the loss of her 17 year old cousin, who committed suicide. She is currently working on her master degree in social work in order to give back to the community.

Amanda Bloomenhurst-Freiman, alumna from the class of 2005, recalled her school years with Sister Lynn and how her involvement in golf shaped her into the well-rounded person she is today.

The Executive Student Council and senior student Council performed their version of “Sweet Caroline”:

`September

By: Earth, Wind, & Fire

Do you remember

The beginning of Xavier?

They were shapin’ the minds of the girls

While keeping the ‘43 traditions

Our skirts were swingin’

In the AC, the kids are playin’`

Signing up for Rio, Remember

As we studied the night away

Ba de ya – say do you remember                                                                                     

Ba de ya – Being a xavier gator

Ba de ya – never was a cloudy day

Thank you (repeated) x10-

Thank youuuuuuuuuu

Our prayers are with you

Holding hands with your heart to see you,

Only polo’s ‘n oxford’s, Remember

how Xavier was here to stay,

Now in Founders, we celebrate the Jubilee,

Only diamonds and love, Remember

The joy we have forever  

Ba de ya – say do you remember                                                                                     

Ba de ya – Being a xavier gator

Ba de ya – never was a cloudy day

Michael Phelps, an Olympic swimmer with 23 gold medals and 28 overall, made a special appearance that left many attendees surprised. In support of his adopted sister, Allison Schmitt, he stood in the crowd. He did take photos with XPress, the student council and choir.

Holly Ngo ’19
Xavier students surround XBreakfast guest, Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps.

The proceeds from the event helped fund the building of Founders Hall and expanding the Xavier campus. Through this event, Xavier has benefitted from its sponsors and is thankful for the donations.