Intermediate fall dance performance takes the stage

Courtesy of Jeff Gilbert

Xavier dance students participate in the annual fall dance show on Nov. 16, 2017.

This year Xavier had their first fall dance performance in the Performing Arts Center on Nov. 16, 2017. Every year the Xavier dance classes have two shows per level; the intermediate class and dance basics class performed this past week.

Everyone in the show was excited yet nervous before going on stage, which is normal for most performers. The intermediate class is a more advanced class than dance basics. The intermediate class requires the students to have taken a whole year of dance at Xavier first. Dance basics is a semester class that is open to Brophy students, as well.

The two Xavier dance teachers, Ms. Maryanne Herding and Mrs. Kelly Scovel did an amazing job teaching the girls and boys, as well as choreographing the eight dances that were performed. Every dancer did an great job and made it a fun show to watch.

Each dance that was choreographed went with a theme. The dances varied from ballet to hip-hop, and many other dances in between. Each class performed separate dances as well as group dances that were made up by the students. Finally, both intermediate and dance basics classes came together to perform the hip-hop dance at the end. The intermediate dance classes had five dances while the dance basics class had three total dances.

The next dance performance will be Xavier’s annual Christmas Pageant. This will be performed for the student body on Friday, Dec. 1 and then performed for the public on Sunday, Dec. 3. The Christmas Pageant is an amazing show and a performance that gets everyone in the holiday spirit.