Secret Santa suggestions

+A+cheerful%2C+Santa+snow-globe%2C+festive+jingle+bells+and+pine-cones
 A cheerful, Santa snow-globe, festive jingle bells and pine-cones

Emme East '19

Emme East '19

Emme East, Class writer

As the holiday spirit envelopes our society during its annual appearance, several Christmas hallmarks come along with the holiday cheer. After decorating Christmas trees and singing carols, secret santa gifts appear somewhere on the list of those Christmas traditions.

As the years go on, it seems that Secret Santa gifts get harder and harder to pick out. It’s hard to know what people may like, what they want, or even where to start when looking for presents.

If you’re one of those people who is having trouble picking out what to buy this holiday season, here are some ideas to make your secret santa duties a little bit easier:

• Check out Pinterest!

Pinterest is a great way to organize ideas and find creative inspiration! Search for Christmas-related items or keep it general. The app makes it easy to find original ideas that you can totally claim as your own.

• Paint/craft something!

You don’t have to be a master artist in order to paint something cute for a friend. Simple watercolor or oil images of flowers, pop-art cacti or even landscapes are very trendy and easy to frame, hang or set on a dresser.

• Candles are always a safe bet!

Check out Anthropologie.com for a variety of pretty and great smelling candles! With various sizes, colors, scents and prices, ranging from 13 dollars to 30 dollars, every girl is happy to get a pretty new addition to– most likely– an already well-stocked candle collection.

• Make them organized!

Stores like Anthropologie also have many different types of cute, “girly” planners, journals and notepads. Get your Secret Santa recipient a journal with the initial of their name, an adorable planner for staying organized in the upcoming new year or a fancy, floral to-do list.

• Personalize something!

Monogrammed necklaces, notebooks, etc. are a great way to show your secret santa that you were thinking of them! Monogrammed items are not only popular, but they are practical, too.

• “Stick” to what they’re into!

Find out their interests, and shop for stickers or patches that are just as unique as they are! Websites like RedBubble.com are great for finding reasonably priced, individual stickers for someone to use to decorate their computer, water bottle or anything else.

• Leave it to the stars!

Find out their birthday if you don’t already know it, and look-up their zodiac sign. Books on particular horoscopes or jewelry of the zodiac constellations will prove how thoughtful you were when shopping for their gift.

Almost everyone has been included in a Secret Santa exchange at some point in the past, so, if you are lost as to what present you should purchase, the ideas listed above are versatile “crowd-pleasers.”

Even though your identity as “Santa” is a secret, your amazing gift-giving abilities do not have to be so hidden! Go ahead and “sleigh” Christmas this year.

1 Comment

One Response to “Secret Santa suggestions”

1. Marytbeth Bonner on December 14th, 2017 8:37 am

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

[Reply]

• A&E

Goodbye Class of 2018!

• A&E

Thank You’s from the Class of 2018

• Secret Santa suggestions

A&E

Things to do before the heat wave

• Secret Santa suggestions

A&E

Art Feast Photo Story

• Secret Santa suggestions

A&E

Summer art programs

• Secret Santa suggestions

A&E

Easter Treats

• Secret Santa suggestions

A&E

New York City in pictures

• Secret Santa suggestions

A&E

What is an Inclusion Rider?

• Secret Santa suggestions

A&E

Vincent’s Farmers Market

• Secret Santa suggestions

A&E

Brophy’s Spring play: Peter and The Starcatcher

Secret Santa suggestions