Looking forward to Catholic Schools Week

A group of seniors at the lunchtime concert for Throwback Thursday on Feb. 2, 2017.

Madison Kloeber '18

Madison Kloeber '18

Chloe Ann Porter, Club Writer

This year, Catholic Schools Week will be celebrated from Jan. 28 to Feb. 3. It is sponsored by the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA). The theme for 2018 is “Learn, Serve, Lead, Succeed.” Xavier College Preparatory’s executive student council plans activities for the student body each year.

Some popular activities during Catholic Schools Week include penny wars, tacky tourist day, a cake walk and much more. The executive board collaborates with the student council board from each class to see what new activities can be added to make the week more enjoyable.

Catholic Schools Week is also be celebrated with masses throughout the Diocese, open houses and activities that involve the entire community or parish.

Senior Margot Plunkett holds the stewardship position on the executive board. She says her favorite part of Catholic Schools Week is that it is “a way to express love for your school, and participate in activities with your friends.” She remarked how it had changed since her freshman year in 2015, “I feel that it has become a bigger deal among students, it has also received more publicity making students more excited to participate.”

To learn more information about Catholic Schools Week, visit catholicschoolpride.com.