Class of 2018 informational meeting for the annual XCP Scholarship Fashion Show

The class of 2018 will be taking the stage at the JW Marriott on March 11, 2018 for the annual Xavier Scholarship Fashion Show. Every year, there is a theme for the show and each dance is choreographed according to the theme. This year, the theme is “Shine.” The theme, corresponding to the 75th diamond anniversary of Xavier, will be super fun and make for a fabulous show.

On Thursday, Jan. 11, the Xavier and Brophy students, along with their parents, had a mandatory meeting inside the Performing Arts Center at Xavier from 6-8 p.m. At this meeting, the theme was revealed, the limited-time sweatshirts and raffle tickets were available for purchase and of course, tables for the show were up for sale.

For the more than 300 seniors, there are seven dress and dance rehearsals on Sundays in January in February. With over 15 groups performing in the show, the cast moms are in charge of making sure all the outfits are coordinated to the song and each person in the group is comfortable. Each group of over 20 students will be performing a dance on the stage choreographed by Xavier dance alumnae Taylor VanArsdall and Kristina Nagaran.

Senior Tatum Webb, whose mom is on the fashion show committee, talked about her excitement, “I can’t wait to show off my dance moves and strut the runway.” On Jan. 16 the group announcements were sent out and many girls and boys anxiously awaited the email to see who their cast moms are, and of course, who their groups are.

The Xavier Scholarship Fashion Show is an event that is put on to give the seniors an opportunity to shine with their classmates, with both Xavier and Brophy students. With many students participating in the show, there are many donors, table buyers, raffle tickets for sale and donations to help the over 40% of students who are on scholarship. The Fashion Show is a great way to get involved at Xavier and is something that is fun to watch, too. It is a great way to end senior year with classmates on stage together.

Megan Lawless, class of 2017 (left), next to senior Molly Kuhl (right) at last year’s Xavier Scholarship Fashion Show.