Student Spotlight: Veronica Skikos

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Spotlight: Veronica Skikos

Senior Veronika Skikos posing in front of Brophy. She is currently the President of Brophy’s Latin Club. Photo courtesy of Lauren Brown ‘19.

Lauren Brown, Class Writer

As a dedicated leader, student, friend and sibling, senior Veronica Skikos is a natural role model. Her drive for success and positive outlook on life is contagious. That being said, written recognition is well-deserved.

These words come from Skikos herself, “Being involved brings me such joy and fulfillment. By being involved, one forms lasting friendships with the other students involved all while having a fun time. Although the work is not always easy, it is absolutely worth the effort.”

In addition to her exceptional record of grades, Skikos is the Publicities Officer of Key Club, the President of Saint Francis Mentoring Club, the Vice President of the Respect Life Club, the Vice President of the Gators Giving Back Club, and the President of Brophy’s Latin Club.

Aside from her several leadership positions in clubs at both Xavier and Brophy, Skikos is constantly seeking out additional ways uplift others. In fact, she is involved with Operation Christmas Child, a donation drive for girls aged 10-14 who have never received any Christmas gifts before.

When asked about her role in Operation Christmas Child, she stated, “As Publicities Officer of Key Club, I was afforded the opportunity, along with the other officers, to decide if we wanted to bring this drive to the Xavier community. My role in the project was spreading the news that it was occurring and informing people of what to bring. I also assisted in organizing the donations, managing what items were needed, and arranging the boxes.” Due to her hard work and contribution, Xavier exceeded its goal of fifty boxes and filled seventy to donate.

Skikos is incredibly thankful for the opportunity to attend Xavier over the years and has made it a priority to make her time here as impactful as possible. Her involvement and strive for excellence continues to grow on a daily basis. Skikos explains that the overall reason for her extensive involvement stems from her desire “to express my gratitude towards the school and all it has enabled me to do.”