Exam Warmup at Xavier

Seniors+Marybeth+Bonner+and+Mackenzie+Bouise+study+together+for+finals.+

Maddie Dinowitz '19

Seniors Marybeth Bonner and Mackenzie Bouise study together for finals.

Finals week is right around the corner and it is never too early to start studying. Last Tuesday on Dec. 4, the National Honor Society held their exam warm-up in Founders Hall from 3-4:30 PM. Finals are coming up soon, and there is nothing more beneficial than preparing for and receiving help from your classmates and teachers.

NHS Exam warmup is a win-win situation for everyone: students are getting the help they need to excel in their finals, and the students tutoring are reinforcing their skills and gaining service hours. There is no cost for this service, so everyone should take advantage of this opportunity next semester!

The warm-up tries to encourage people that the first thing to do when studying for finals is to make a game plan, and the earlier, the better. Make a list of what to study and spend more time studying for the more challenging classes. Studying and reviewing the material covered during this past semester with friends is an easy and fun way to gain confidence on your finals. Study groups and discussing with peers will help reinforce important information, furthering the importance of this warm-up.

Meeting with teachers and clarifying any misconceptions is key to success. The NHS Exam Warm-up and eighth hour are perfect times for tutoring and preparing for finals. If you are interested in this activity for next semester, look for an email during the weeks leading up to finals week. When you sign up for the warm-up, you even get free pizza!