X-Breakfast 2018: kindness comes to campus

From+left+to+right%2C+Sister+Lynn%2C+Kathryn+Post+%E2%80%9807%2C+Ali+the+Gator%2C+Sister+Joanie%2C+Sister+Joan%2C+and++Jeannette+Mar%C3%A9+pose+for+a+photograph.+Photo+courtesy+of+the+Xavier+Advancement+Department.+

From left to right, Sister Lynn, Kathryn Post ‘07, Ali the Gator, Sister Joanie, Sister Joan, and Jeannette Maré pose for a photograph. Photo courtesy of the Xavier Advancement Department.

Sep. 27, 2018, Xavier’s campus gave a warm welcome to Kathryn Post, ‘07, and Jeannette Maré: the 2018 X-Breakfast guests of honor. Post spoke about her academic ventures into the world of neuroscience, and she urged young, Xavier women to reach for their aspirations in the most open-minded ways possible, grasping new opportunities as they present themselves. Maré told the story of her greatest tragedy, the death of her son, and how it birthed a movement of kindness and honesty, touching the lives of millions. Maré is the founder and Executive Director of Ben’s Bells, a national organization that promotes consciousness of self and others with an emphasis on kindness. Xavier is officially the newest “Kind Campus,” headed by seniors Tatum Dial and Bridget Kelly.  Dial says “being a ‘Kind Campus’ means that students as well as faculty keep in mind practicing kindness intentionally in their daily lives to improve the environment at Xavier,” and hopes that “Xavier being a kind campus will help make people more aware about the importance of practicing intentional kindness at all levels of the Xavier community.” Both women were inspirational examples of female intelligence, entrepreneurship, and success, and the Xavier community is more than grateful for their donations of time and talent.

Watch the video above to see the speakers in action.