The best coffee shops to study for finals

For many people, the month of December is considered the happiest time of year, but for Xavier students, it’s crunchtime. It is our last chance to raise our grades, and even as we look forward to the much desired Christmas break, we have to buckle down and study for our final exams. However, studying for finals isn’t too terrible as long as you do it right. The best way to push through the week of finals is to grab some friends and head to a coffee shop for a study session.

There are so many great coffee shops to choose from, but here are some of the most popular cafes among Xavier girls:

Hava Java: 3166 E Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016

Grace Halter ’18

Hava Java not only has the best coffee and bagels, it is a great place to settle down and study. They have outdoor and indoor seating; both provide a quiet and calm atmosphere to weed through the endless vocab words or book summaries. Not only is there free WiFi, but if coffee isn’t your thing, you can grab a cold scoop of ice cream at the neighboring Gelato Spot.

Lux Coffee Shop: 4402 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012

Grace Halter ’18

Lux is an eclectic coffee house and restaurant that provides the perfect studying atmosphere for Xavier girls. The restaurant is spacious and inviting, with artwork everywhere you turn, and the food is amazing. There is no shortage of pastries and baked goods to try here, and nothing is more motivating than a warm croissant. It’s a great place to get inspired and grab a bite to eat while trying to remember all the math equations you’ve learned over the semester.

Fáme Caffe: 4700 N Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012

Fáme Caffe is a new, urban cafe just down the street from Xavier. There are always tables available for friends to study together, with some of the best coffee and breakfast foods. It’s a beautifully decorated restaurant with a cozy atmosphere. After ordering some french toast and a latte, you have the choice of indoor or outdoor seating, both of which provide a comfortable place to buckle down and study.

Lola’s Coffee Bar: 1001 N 3rd Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85003

Grace Halter ’18

Located perfectly in downtown Roosevelt Row, this chic, urban coffee bar will give you the ultimate study vibes. With the prettiest and tastiest lattes and hot chocolate, it’s hard not to feel like you’re sitting in the scene of a movie. You can choose to study outside in the colorful and inviting patio surrounded with plants, or the cozy indoor area, with the smell of coffee and pastries wafting through the air. There is free WiFi and you will feel inspired by sitting around the frequent ASU student customers.

Luci’s Healthy Marketplace: 1590 E Bethany Home Rd.,Phoenix, AZ 85014

Grace Halter ’18

If you are more of a meal girl and like to study with a full stomach, this is the place for you. Although it can be busy, it’s a great place to grab a meal while studying. There is free WiFi and indoor and outdoor seating. The french toast or acai bowl are uncomparable. It has great service and is inviting and healthy! I love coming here with friends to talking over books from the semester and get a latte or smoothie. It’s a fun and relaxing place to work and hangout with your study group.