Restaurant review: Little Miss BBQ

Little Miss BBQ's stylish apparel

Little Miss BBQ's stylish apparel

Bailey Bland '18

Bailey Bland '18

Little Miss BBQ's stylish apparel

Bailey Bland, In Class Writer

Though it does not look like much from the exterior, Little Miss BBQ is truly a hidden treasure of Phoenix, Arizona. Under the “About Me” page of their website, the restaurant strives to produce good, high quality products everyday and is always trying to improve. But, to be frank, how they could further improve their product is a mystery. They already serve the highest quality of meats and other delicious sides. Little Miss BBQ proudly uses smokers from Camelback Smokers to cook their meats.

From the moment I arrived in the parking lot of the restaurant, I knew it would be a great experience. There was already a line out the door, which looked long, but it did not feel long. While waiting, customers should decide what they want so they do not hold up the line. Once the customer enters the small building, there is a bar-like counter with glass in between them and the employee. The employee will ask what they want and they then will bring out the cooked meat and prepare it accordingly. A customer can get their food to go or eat it there.

Now for the most important part of the review: the food. The food was incredible. I tried the short ribs, brisket, pulled pork, sausage, jalapeno cheddar grits, potato salad, coleslaw, and beans. They also have three homemade sauces: house, spicy, and sweet and tangy mustard. The best meat was by far the brisket and the best side was the beans. But each food had its own strengths. The brisket did not need any sauce, it was perfectly seasoned and juicy. Even while they were cutting the meat for me, I could see it oozing with succulent flavor. The beans also had the most satisfying flavor of all the sides. They were ‘ranch style’ baked beans, so they were not the typical bean one would expect from a barbeque. The beans were light and complemented the meats well. Some restaurants have a signature flavor that they sprinkle throughout all of their products, but I feel this almost dulls the uniqueness of the flavor, making it unexciting. I did not run into this problem at Little Miss BBQ. I felt each food had a flavor that was unique enough so that it was easy to chose which flavors I prefered.

Overall, I would highly recommend Little Miss BBQ for their excellent quality, flavor, and customer service.