Student Spotlight: Senior Catherine Kempton

Opportunities sometimes come from where you least expect them. For Senior Catherine Kempton, that is a testament to how she started doing something she has wanted to do since she was young: modeling. Kempton started modeling after she was scouted at a friend’s birthday party by an agent from Agency Arizona, a top modeling and talent agency representing models, actors, influencers, photographers and artists in Phoenix. As a model, Kempton takes photos with different photographers to build a portfolio and walks in fashion shows. Kempton says, “there have been times when I have had take time off of school in order to be at fashion shows or photo shoots,” but that hasn’t stopped her  from contributing to the clubs and activities that she is a part of at Xavier.

Kempton has been a part of the tennis team for three years and served as a coach for the Freshmen team her sophomore year. She is also a part of the National Honor Society (NHS) and the National Arts Society for Dance Arts. Kempton is grateful for the opportunities Xavier has given her in both athletics and clubs and would like to be a representation of what Xavier stands for.

Outside of school, Kempton loves to hang out with her friends, especially as graduation approaches, and to play volleyball, pickleball and basketball with her two older brothers. Kempton makes a point to hang out with her family as much as she can and is even attending the University of Arizona, the same college her mother attended. Kempton says she wanted to stay close to home and that “Tucson was far enough away from home but also close enough to be able to come home if needed.” As a prospective Business major, Kempton looks forward to living independently, living in dorms and meeting new people for her new chapter in college.

As for modeling, Kempton says it’s something she’ll continue to do even after college. For now, Kempton will keep rocking the stage in fashion shows and enjoy her last year as much as she can.

Do you know a student that is deserving of a Student Spotlight? Comment their name below or email any member of the XPress team.