The new Executive Board: saying goodbye to our Seniors

The+sitting+and+future+Executive+Boards+pose+together+after+election+day.+The+2018-2019+Executive+Board+is+in+the+back+row+with+the+new+board+standing+in+front+of+them+with+flowers.+Photo+courtesy+of+Mackenzie+Bouis+%E2%80%9819.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The sitting and future Executive Boards pose together after election day. The 2018-2019 Executive Board is in the back row with the new board standing in front of them with flowers. Photo courtesy of Mackenzie Bouis ‘19.

Emmegale East, Connect Editor

On Mar. 15, 2019, all four grades at Xavier College Prep. elected the Executive Student Council for the 2019-2020 school year. After live speeches made by each candidate on the announcements, Xavier voiced their votes. The Seniors, in their final two months on campus, pass on their positions to the newly elected Juniors and wish them only the best with their coveted positions.

As the current board leaves, they reflect on their time in office. Public Relator, senior Lily Castle, says “Exec. Board inarguably made my senior year. These seven girls were the best possible way to start my morning each day and it makes me so sad to think about leaving them… but more than anything I cannot wait to see what they all accomplish.”

Transitioning councils, the outgoing officers wish the incoming ladies all the best. Castle hopes that “the new exec board enjoys their time together more than anything because it is so fleeting.” She adds that they “should be proud of themselves and their achievements because student council is time consuming, but it is so rewarding. I hope they each figure out their niches as a group and enjoy each other’s company before it’s gone.”

The new council will take up their positions at the start of the 2019-2020 school year in August, and soon enough, it will be their turn to hand over the office.

The 2018-2019 Executive Board Student Council says farewell and goodluck to their predecessors. Treasurer, senior Mackenzie Bouis, leaves us with, “It will be really sad to leave student council behind since it has had such a positive impact on me through my four years at Xavier, but I am excited for the newly elected officers. They have so much in store for the next year and I am very hopeful that they will enjoy it as much as I did!”

Xavier welcomes the new juniors, President Olivia Petrine, Vice President Kit Blouin, Secretary Grace Haak, Treasurer Maddy Skrovan, Activities Emily Even, Public Relator Brianna Butkiewicz, Stewardship Tanya Barakat, Historian Izzy Kozub. The entire Xavier community wishes you luck in this next year and has high hopes for all that you will do for the school.