Spring National Letter of Intent Signing Day

On+Wednesday%2C+April+24%2C+eight+Xavier+seniors+signed+National+Letters+of+Intent+to+play+collegiate+sports.+Congratulations+to+these+Xavier+gators+on+this+great+accomplishment%2C+we+can%E2%80%99t+wait+to+see+what+you+accomplish+in+the+future%21+Photo+Courtesy+of+Helen+Innes+%E2%80%9819.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

On Wednesday, April 24, eight Xavier seniors signed National Letters of Intent to play collegiate sports. Congratulations to these Xavier gators on this great accomplishment, we can’t wait to see what you accomplish in the future! Photo Courtesy of Helen Innes ‘19.

Megan Onofrei, Sports and Fitness Editor

Xavier College Prep’s excellence in the classroom has carried over to athletics, as eight athletes signed national letters of intent to play collegiate sports on the morning of Wednesday, April 24. Carrying on the tradition from previous signing events this year, in both Nov. and Feb., this event is very paramount for these athletes when preparing for their future. The athletes that signed on this day are going to a variety of schools across the country and abroad, for a diverse collection of sports.

Tristanne Dechoux signed to play collegiate tennis at the University of New Orleans in Louisiana. Grace Martinez also signed at University of Colorado Colorado Springs for lacrosse. Additionally, Paris Rasheed-Moore signed to play collegiate basketball at the College of St. Benedict located in Minnesota. Eve Worden will be playing collegiate golf at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. Katie McGee signed at the University of Hawaii Hilo for soccer. Helen Innes has signed to collegiately run at the University of St. Andrews in Scotland. Additionally, Samantha Salim will be playing collegiate volleyball at Arizona Christian University. Hayley Nash also signed to play collegiate volleyball at the College of Wooster in Ohio.

Helen Innes stated: “I am really excited about this new opportunity to run overseas. The running isn’t too different from here in the states, since we travel around for meets and still race as a team. The part that I’m most excited about is running at different schools in the UK.”

Katie McGee also shared: “I was overwhelmed with emotions of sadness, nervousness, but also tons of excitement. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be able to play at the next level and can’t wait to see what this opportunity brings me.”

Xavier and the entire Xavier community is incredibly proud of these athletes, as all of their hard work and dedication has contributed to their success. These events also showcase the support of the Xavier community as many of the athlete’s families, friends, and coaches were present at the signing. Best of luck to these athletes as they head onto college for their futures and to play their respective sports! Go Gators!