Senior Editorial: Caroline Hink

Senior Editorial: Caroline Hink

Senior year always felt like it was so far away. When I first stepped on campus as a Freshman, I felt very much out of my element. For a while, I really didn’t know if I saw myself at Xavier and I definitely didn’t picture myself making it all the way to senior year. But, as the years went on, I found myself starting to love Xavier and all the people I met along the way. 

Looking back, I don’t know why senior year seemed so far away. These past four years of my life have flown by and I know this is due to the friends, teammates, and experiences I’ve had. Many of my memories came on the soccer field. It feels like just yesterday I was playing JV Soccer and making so many of my best friends during Freshman year. Then Sophomore year, I made the Varsity Soccer team and we won a State Championship. 

I also joined the XPress staff as a club writer during my Sophomore year and it was one of the best decisions I made. Now, as a senior, I’ve enjoyed my time in the Broadcast Journalism class, serving as a Section Editor, and now as Managing Editor. For the past two years, some of my best memories have come from spending time with everyone in XPress during first period every day. It’s been a crazy year, to say the least, but through all of the ups and downs, I’m so thankful to have spent it with all of these amazing people. 

Next year, we will all be taking different paths. I know it will be weird to not start my mornings in FH229, but I am excited for what college and the rest of my future will bring. While I’m glad to be leaving things like uniforms and parking lot speed limits behind, I know I will forever cherish memories and friendships I’ve made here at Xavier.