The Student News Site of Xavier College Preparatory

XPress

XPress

XPress

XPress

Follow Us On Instagram
View this profile on Instagram

Xavier XPress (@xcpxpress) • Instagram photos and videos

Local Weather
PHOENIX WEATHER
Scoreboard

3 seniors on Xavier swim and dive named academic all-Americans

The outstanding recipients of the NISCA Academic All-American Award pose at the Fall Sports Rally. The swim and dive team was ready to perform its dance. (Photo courtesy of Audrey Schaub)

Xavier congratulates three seniors from the varsity swim and dive team Brooke Person, Audrey Schaub and Sophia Sweatlock for being awarded academic all-American awards.

The National Interscholastic Swimming Coaches Association, also known as NISCA, honors student-athletes around the world for succeeding academically and athletically throughout their high school careers. Student-athletes who display not only strength in their high school grades, with a minimum GPA of 3.75, but also show dedication to their extracurricular sports, in this case swimming, are qualified for this award.

Not only did Person, Schaub and Sweatlock win the award, but the swim and dive team as a whole was awarded the Team Scholar Gold Medal. 

“I am so honored to have received this award, and I hope the team continues to work toward this standard of excellence,” said Person, swim co-captain. 

These three seniors have shown immense commitment to their sport while maintaining an extreme academic regime at Xavier College Preparatory. 

“I am so grateful to have received this award and am so proud of our team’s academic accomplishments this year so far,” said Schaub, swim co-captain. 

The Xavier varsity swim and dive team and coaches are proud of their outstanding seniors. “We coaches are so proud of these ladies,” assistant coach David Smithers said.