The dedication of the press box to Sister Nancy Perlick

Sister Nancy Perlick’s legacy remembered

The softball stands were packed with faculty, parents and students on the evening of March 3. Prior to varsity softball’s home game against Boulder Creek, the softball field was utilized for a beautiful ceremony to dedicate the press box to Sister Nancy Perlick. Perlick passed away in January.

Due to her constant support and involvement in Xavier’s softball program, such as announcing every game, it is fitting that the press box is named in her honor. Junior Kaela Stehly, a Varsity softball player, said, “The press box is the perfect thing to dedicate to her. She was constantly there supporting our team.”

In addition to the softball team, both junior varsity and varsity lacrosse teams, the entire student council and the honor choir joined the stands to honor Perlick. Stehly commented on the turnout and said, “It was so nice to see everyone there for her. She was a very important person to Xavier’s athletic community.”

The dedication ceremony consisted of speeches from Perlick’s sister and niece, Cindy and Alyssa Hoffmann, the head varsity softball coach, Sr. Lynn and two seniors on the varsity softball team. The beloved poodles, Rosie and Ruby, donned new Xavier jackets for the occasion. The honor choir lead the crowd in the song “Take me out to the ball game,” and the new sign designating the press box as “Sister Nancy Perlick Press Box” was blessed.

Perlick’s spirit and legacy will be a constant presence through the newly blessed press box. Although she is gone she will always be remembered for her endless support and love for the Xavier community.