Brophy and Xavier present: Prom Royale

Prom Royale tickets are ready to be presented at the door.

The biggest night of your high school career (at least according to Disney channel) is just around the corner. Prom is undoubtedly a quintessential part of any high school experience, and this year’s dance promises to be nothing short of spectacular. Anticipation mounted when Brophy student council announced the James Bond theme “Prom Royale” on March 11, a month and a half before the dance. Junior student council member Brendan Burg described the lengthy brainstorming process that Brophy student council goes through every year in search of a prom theme. Burg said, “Most years this process can take a ton of deliberation, but most members were immediately on board once this particular idea was pitched.”

When asked what a Bond-themed prom would be like, senior student council member Thomas Albin said, “For this particular theme, we are taking a detour from what we’ve done in years past. Instead of bright lights and loud activities, we will be focusing on the elegance of the event.”

Senior student council member Grant Gillem also agreed that the elegance, extravagance and amazing decor will be the highlight of this year’s prom. Gillem said, “Students should most look forward to the very first moment they walk in as they take in the massive scale of this year’s prom set-up.”

Brophy student council keeps most of the details of prom top secret until the event. Senior member Luis Torres said, “Giving away specifics would take away some of the magic that makes prom so exciting.”

Brophy student council did promise that this year’s prom will feature the typical food vendors, DJs and performers. We can assume that a “Prom Royale” would feature some sort of casino atmosphere, but we can only speculate until the night arrives.

As prom draws closer and closer, the stress of finding the perfect dress and perfect date also increases. Brophy boys have it easy as a slick tuxedo perfectly fits this year’s Bond theme. When it comes to finding your dream prom dress, the best thing to do is to be proactive. The better dresses sell out the longer you wait and online shopping is not always reliable. Sharing prom dress options with friends is not only great for getting ideas, but it also helps avoid the awkwardness of involuntarily matching with your friends on prom night.

In the end, prom is really just a night about making memories with your friends. Years from now, when you look back, you won’t remember if you wore the best dress, or if your date was the perfect Bond-esque gentleman. You will remember dancing until your feet hurt in your pointy high heels and laughing when they played a throwback song from middle school. You will remember getting ready with your girlfriends and dancing with your date. “Prom Royale” will be unforgettable to say the least.

Be sure to mark your calendars for “Prom Royale,” Saturday, April 23 from 8-11:30p.m.